When I started this blog webpage I promised myself that never was I ever going to publish anything political; but for obvious reasons I became very annoyed over this term’s presidential election. Some would say I am biased because I am an immigrant and a woman who values self worth but this is all besides the point of this blog.
As a book reviewer/blogger, I find it very ignorant of the American population who compared Donald Trump’s remark where he said “Grab em’ by the pu**y” to that of the E. L. James Book Fifty shades of Grey. Firstly I just want it to be made aware that Mr. Trump made this remark in 2005 whereas Fifty shades of Grey was published in 2011, if I am correct.
For those who support Mr. Trump but saying that this is just “locker room talk,” well then let me enlightened you then(see what I just did there)
1. No characters in Fifty shades of Grey are running for president!!!! So whatever they say within the book should not be a judge of character.
2. Everything that happens in Fifty shades of Grey is consensual. Mr Grey did not walk up to Anastasia and “Grab em’by the pu**y!!
3. Nothing that happened in the book raised alarm for sexual harassment. Every act that happened between the characters was talked about and there as even a contract which explained everything that Christain wanted sexually. There was even negotiations and compromise of said contract.
4. BDSM is an actual lifestyle between consensual partners!!!
5. Fifty shades of Grey is fictional!! As much as we readers would love a world where Christian Grey actually exists, we can’t because he is just a character in a book.
6. I have read then entire series of Fifty shades, even the one with Christian’s point of view of the first book and NEVER had I come across a part of the book where Christian talks down to Anastasia to make her feel as if she was just the dirt under his foot. And yes, this is how any woman with the right frame of mind would feel every time Mr. Trump opened his mouth to talk about women.
7. submissive [suhb-mis-iv] – adjective1. inclined or ready to submit; unresistingly or humbly obedient: submissive servants.2. marked by or indicating submission: a submissive reply.Origin: 1580–90; submiss + -iveSynonyms: 1. tractable, compliant, pliant, amenable. 2. passive, resigned, patient, docile, tame, subdued
I quoted this from Fifty shades of Grey, Christian’s email to Anastasia.
It outlined the definition of how Christian Grey expected Anastasia to behave towards him. But did she? NO! She didn’t. Christian, from the very start made it clear he was into the BDSM lifestyle and was only looking for a submissive. A Submissive!!! And those who compared Mr. Trump remark to the book clearly see all women as submissive.
8. If the people who are comparing Fifty shades of Grey to Mr. Trump’s remark read the continuing books in the series, they would understand that not only did Christain accept Anastasia and left the BDSM lifestyle but he also found love,happiness,family and acceptance of himself. He also thanked Anastasia because without her, he would’ve been a miserable, lonely man.
Now I could go on and on for days on this topic but I am just going to leave it like this. Any yes, over 80 million copies were sold of Fifty Shades of Grey and frankly it is because women have to turn to fiction to find pleasure because it is men like Donald Trump with their arrogant and egotistical way that we find ourselves turned off by the idea of being with them